15 July 2008

what are we going to do?

PRICE RISES In the year to June
* Petrol 25.9%
* Milk 22%
* Cheddar cheese 61.9%
* Butter 86.6%

there is rationing already in New York on wheat,rice and corn products because of the increase in demand pushed by BIO-FUEL! There isnt rationing YET here, but the price on these products is tipped to go up so people are buying in large quantities!!

What can we do?
- grow our own corn (better get some seeds before they start getting rationed too!)
- definitely bottle that extra fruit, chutney extra veges from the garden
- trade self sufficiently
- celery, leeks, silverbeet in the garden now . . . get seedling trays ready for seeding summer veges
- compost and enrich empty garden beds...
- do home maintenance yourself! Time to learn if you cant! (I have my own tool box, honestly!) And if my body could do the heavy lifting stuff around here I would...
- what else??? any suggestions? Is it just me that's worried?

1 comment:

Gail said...

Yep - And I think they are only going to keep rising too!
Some good ideas there ..... I worry for people who don't know how or where to cut back.